Turner Place

Monday, December 12, 2005

Lucy is here!



Finally our cute little Lucy is here! So far (in the three days that we've had her :) she has proved to be a very sweet puppy. She has a mild temperment, which was my hope in getting a female. She does have a couple of bad habits - crying for an hour at night when we put her in her crate, and waking up at 5am - but it's really no different than the three other babies we had to train to sleep through the night.

Other News:

Alyssa's Getting Married!!!


Alyssa had her bridal shower this weekend! It's so bittersweet to see a young girl grow into a capable, wise, godly young woman. Alyssa and I have had a mentoring type relationship for the last 6 years and over the last year I've come to realize that it has turned into a friendship. She often has more wisdom for me than I for her. I'm really happy for you Alyssa! Congratulations!

"Old" Friends
An old friend was at Alyssa's shower...back for a vacation from school and the mission feild. Such a blessing to see Tracy and to hear how God is working in her life :)

6 Comments:

  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger The Webbs said…

    Oh my goodnes...remember all those days of pairing her up with Josh?! I don't think that I ever said it, but I was around those that did. What is Tracy up to these days? Is she living in the states, or is she still doing missionary work?

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger The Webbs said…

    By the way, what breed of dog is your little 'Lucy'?

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger Jenn Turner said…

    Tracy is going to school in England right now. It's a school with a missions focus. She has been in the DR with Rod and Twila for several years and it's sounds like she will be going back once her schooling is finished.

    I do remember pairing her up with Josh! They spent so much time together it seemed inevitable :) I guess God had other plans though.

    Chris, do your remember that skit you and Tracy did at one of the first bootcamps? The one where you were both going off on eachother mom's? Blaine and I were watching that a couple of months ago...it was sooooo funny! I don't think I will ever again have the privilege of working with a ministry team that has as much chemistry as that fist couple of years of Kid's Church. What a blessing to have been a part of that.

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger Jenn Turner said…

    Lucy is an English Springer Spaniel...such a good puppy! (She was terrible last night, though, cried in intervols pretty much the whole night.

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Lola Bacon said…

    Puppy! Married!

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger The Webbs said…

    I was actually going to ask you the same question about your blog. I don't seem to know how to blog multiple pictures in such a neat little column like you do. Anyway, my trick is all in the program called picasa2. If you go to the blogger homepage, it will say something about posting pictures with your blog and you download it. Then, it scans your entire computer and puts them all in one program called picasa2. Select the pictures you want to be grouped together and then 'collage' them and then put your writings with it. I can go over it in more detail in an email if you like. Let me know. My email is r.webberley@comcast.net. I'd love to know your secret too. Thanks for the Tracy update.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home