Turner Place

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Busy, Busy, Busy!!!

I'm so sorry I have done such a terrible job at keeping up this blog! It's been incredibly busy and I have been having problems with my camera, so I still am without pictures. Hopefully with a month long break from school I can do a little bit better for a few weeks :)

Unfortunately, I may be silent again for a season, because next term I have 18 credits, Rachael is in a big play (with 6 performances) and my cousin is getting married...not to mention all three of my kids are playing basketball and Blaine is coaching. I know most of you think I am insane, as do I, but the truth is, we misjudged when the play was going to be, and accidently registered for too many activities at the same time. The good news is, none of our kids are in sports in the spring this year...Shew!

I have been reading a blog (see Interesting Discussions link) that has had some great thoughts on women and their role in the family, church and in God's kingdom. There are so many questions reguarding tradition and truth. I really encourage everyone to read it. If you do read it, let me know what you think.

FYI...I just got accepted to George Fox University! Hard to believe I'm a year-and-a-half into this 5 year adventure to become a teacher. It's going really well. I've got good grades, I'm still able to spend a lot of time with the kids and suprisingly, it hasn't affected our family time at all. I guess it just goes to show, when God calls you to something, he gives you the grace to see it through.

Happy Holiday's everyone!

5 Comments:

  • At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on your acceptance! (you are crazy you know...) *grin*

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger mommarazzi said…

    Yay! George Fox will be great. I'm so glad your schedule allows you to be mom, student, and wife as well. I think God stretches time to allow us to accommodate all that needs to be done.

    Thanks for updating your blog. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Years.

    We miss you guys! Hi to Blaine and the kiddos

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, Jennifer, would you mind emailing me sometime, if you feel comfortable with that? I want to see where in OR you live, as I have family there (in Portland and right nearby) and will be driving through next Fall on our way down South...I don't know if you'll still be around, but if so, it would be fun to take you out for coffee or something! :)
    judah AT acsalaska DOT net is the addy...

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Lola Bacon said…

    Thanks for the birthday wishes! It won't be quite the same without you and Mandy having birthday cake.

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger Jenn Turner said…

    Okay, I know this is really late, but:

    Thank you Tonia and Mommarazzi (wouldn't want to give your TRUE identity away :) I know I am crazy, but I'm enjoying every minute of it:)

    We miss you too and hope that we can get together really soon.

    Molly - I sent you an email. I would love to meet you! It would be so much fun.

    Mrs. Ham - I'm sorry I didn't have ANY kind of birthday party for you. I wanted to, but I just didn't have time. I will do my best to make it up to you sometime soon. If it makes you feel any better, I didn't really get to celebrate my own birthday either. Rachael's play sort of took over the month of February!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home