Turner Place

Monday, March 06, 2006

Grrrrreat News!!!!!!!!

Okay, so this may not matter to anyone else, but I have to tell you anyway. I had been planning to go to PSU after I got my Associates Degree at PCC. So a couple of weeks ago I contactedPSU admissions to see what I would need to do. Well, it turns out that you have to have a Bachelor's, plus a Graduate Degree, plus a Master's in Teaching in order to graduate at PSU (unless I am misunderstanding something.) All together that would be 6 years from now - YIKES! So, I decided to look elsewhere.

I checked out George Fox's Program and they only require the Bachelors and the MAT, so that sounded much, much better (not to mention the shorter, less stressful commute.) That meant only 5 years from now.

Well, today, I went in to talk to the admissions advisor, and low and behold, unlike PCC, they will also accept my Multnomah credits - ALL 35 semester credits!! YEAH! That means that after this year I will be a sophmore and I will only have 4 years to go instead of the 6 I initially thought I was going to have to take! Hallelujah!

My journey to teaching just got 2 years shorter... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home