Turner Place

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Another one of those questions...

We've been talking a lot about James 1:2-4 in church and Bible study..."Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith developes perserverance. Perserverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." (Of course, you can keep reading, it's all challenging...)

The question I have is this: how do you get to the point of considering trials "pure joy"? I understand having "peace" when you go through trials, but "joy" is a stretch for me. Has anyone experienced this? What do you think it takes to get there...

4 Comments:

  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Lyssa said…

    I don't think it's about consider the trials themselves joy but having joy in considering the outcome of trials. As well as realizing within the midst of them that they are a growing experience and will help you mature in the long run. Yeah they suck and they're hard and may seem stupid sometimes but it'll be better later and you'll be better because of them. :) Sorry I took so long in commenting... and that no one else has. Hopefully this'll get them thinking too.

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Lyssa said…

    I just realized my typo, it should be "about considering the trials" at the begining. If there's any more I don't see them now :) oh well

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger The Webbs said…

    To comment on your comment on my blog: I am sure that you were on the ball with your first child's first birthday too! I can understand Joel being #3 and having done so many already. Plus, birthdays are important to us Webberleys!

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger Jenn Turner said…

    Joy in considering the outcome of the the trials...I like that. I can do that. It's just hard to be joyful in the midst of them. Some people can do that too...It's really an amazing gift from God to be joyful in a trial.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home